Elixir Restaurant @ The Opus Hotel
The Elixir Restaurant
To create an authentic French brasserie serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
that becomes a hip club by night.
The design team was challenged to create 4 distinct rooms within a 2,000
square foot space - a bar, a brasserie, a garden room with direct outdoor
access and a 'belle epoque' formal dining room.
- the architecture of the building was used to subdivide
the space into distinct areas
- the space directly adjacent to the street corner is
the outdoor 'garden room' with fully opening folding windows on two
sides and by use of outdoor materials.
- the adjacent space is the more private formal dining
area with a coved ceiling, more formal finishes and belle epoque light
- a more casual brasserie space uses mosaic tiles on
the floor, brass rails, French posters, and traditional bentwood furniture
- the horseshoe shaped bar area is raised above the rest
of the restaurant to act as a 'viewing gallery' and is highlighted with
a custom stained glass ceiling.
Mitchell Freeldand Design
Wanes Custom Woodworks
Custom Art Glass:
(Garden Room Beyond)